Thursday, December 18, 2008

PEACE.



"It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. it means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart." --author (unknown)

It's a shame I don't know who wrote this because these are words to live by, and I hate I can't give credit where credit is due. Though I keep this reminder next to my keyboard everyday, I still can't keep all the anxiety from creeping in. 

I know in my heart that a broken dishwasher and laundry shouldn't cause me anxiety, but I'll be honest, they do. Fortunately, we have these friendly little Christmas Mice who come to visit in December. They often get into mischief in the middle of the night, but sometimes they do helpful chores. My husband was in charge of giving the mice their duties the other night. I awoke to the following. 


The Christmas Mice have done a little towards easing my anxiety. My sweet Mom was here for 48 hours a couple days ago and said, "you know the Christmas Mice always look so happy." I said, "yeah--it's because they don't do any of the work, but they get all the credit." If only i could enlist a few more mice. I think next year I will add a line item to our Christmas budget. 

Hope you all find a little peace today and some Christmas Mice. I hope my dishwasher repairman shows up. 


No comments: